Deployment: Making Your Site Public
show off what you’ve made
In this session, you’ll learn how to put whatever you’ve made at Web Dev Weekend live on the web. Didn’t manage to make it to any of the other sessions, but still interested in learning how to make a site public? Don’t worry: we’ll give you something to deploy.
How to Attend
This workshop is not being offered this semester. Feel free to browse the lab and resources below.
Lab and Resources
Click above to start the lab! There are also the resources from Spring 2015.
There’s a lot of links below, feel free to browse them at your leisure, but none are required for this lab.
Using GitHub for Static Sites
- A very thorough and readable guide from Digital Ocean
- A short, comic by DNSimple explaining name resolution
- DNSimple blog post explaining the difference between an
- How to set up records on NameCheap
- Get a free domain from NameCheap and a whole lot more from the GitHub Education Pack